Portfolio Management is all about doing ‘the right things’ and ensuring a high level of effectiveness for your business. Bridging the gap between strategy and implementation, Portfolio Management enables you to implement your strategic initiatives and to keep evolving in the right direction.
During this training you’ll learn about the major themes of Portfolio Management and get familiar with its processes and the interface of Project, Program and Portfolio Management. Gain up-to-date in-depth knowledge on Portfolio Management, aligned with both PMI and SAFe®, and enriched by our own knowledge and 20 years of experience.
You will be guided through a complete Portfolio Life Cycle with cross-domain examples. By working on a detailed case study and realistic exercises, you will be ready for your future challenges as a Portfolio Manager, and you will be able to start or improve Portfolio Management in your organization.
The training is structured into several modules and covers the following aspects:
Day 1: Set Up Portfolio
- Introduction to (Lean-Agile) Portfolio
- Portfolio (Lean-Agile) Governance
- Portfolio Business Agility
- Portfolio Lifecycle & Kanban
Day 2: Strategic Potential
- Strategy to Plan-driven-agile Portfolio
- Benefits, Capabilities, Investment Horizons and KPI’s
- Portfolio Selection
Day 3: From Constraints to Realism
- Stakeholder Management
- Dependencies Management
- Capacity & Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Roadmap & reporting
After this course, when also meeting the PfMP® requirements, you may wish to apply for PMI’s PfMP® certification. By obtaining the Project Management Institute (PMI) Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® credential, your advanced experience and skills as a portfolio manager are globally recognized. The PfMP® certificate signifies your advanced competency in the coordinated management of one or more portfolios to achieve strategic objectives. Mention this desire to get certified and we’ll help you achieve it.
After following this course, you can:
- Streamline your portfolio set-up using formal processes integrated within your organizational governance
- Analyse the strategic plan and link strategic business portfolios with project portfolios
- Maximize the value of Portfolio Management by gaining full awareness of business objectives and applying different techniques
- Define criteria for achieving the organization’s strategy and setting metrics for measuring value and periodic progress
- Master Portfolio Management reporting
- Understand how to manage resourcing demand
- Explain the Lean-Agile vision on Portfolio Management