We offer an answer to the need for consistent and unambiguous reporting at P3M level (project, program and portfolio). A report forms an essential means of communication between two parties. The data that appears in the report allows you to analyze and interpret with the aim to take the right decisions or escalate if needed. By giving and communicating on an overview of the project performance(s), bottlenecks can be identified, and the right actions can be taken.
Processes & tools for reporting
When setting up reporting at our clients, we look at processes as well as tools.
To design the reporting process, we map the different roles, information needs and the necessary reports.
We determine the current and needed information and communication flows between the various stakeholders of a project. A process that allows timely and correct information to be delivered to the right person at the right level is crucial to make the most optimal decision.
Crucial when setting up processes & tools for reporting, is keeping simplicity in mind: Don’t overcomplicate the reports. A report should entail the necessary information to make decisions, nothing more. Read about simplicity in the project organization here our discover our white paper for more information on transforming your project organization into a Department of Simplicity!
We offer different tools to develop the reports such as Excel and Power BI and, as a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, are specialized in reporting via Project Online. Through the Project Online tool, you can use out of the box reports to communicate dashboards, assignments, costs or progress and adjust reports, add feedback or develop your own. Easily customizable report templates with familiar Excel-like experience will help you build reports flexibly.
- Prepare different workshops to define objectives and content, scan available input, define process and governance in recurring design-develop-test cycles
- Implementation and roll-out of the reporting structure, with an integrated change-approach, communication plan and planned training and coaching
- Collect potential improvements regarding the reporting processes and content
Aligned portfolio, program and project reports making it possible to make aligned and necessary decisions on the different levels.
- Increased transparency and awareness about the status of projects, programs & portfolios
- Running processes and tools to support the right information flows
- Improved decision making with shared focus by stakeholders
- Clear accountabilities and correct image of reality
- Build-up of historical data and learning