PMO Consultant - Belgium
We’re Threon: a leading international consultancy firm that specializes in portfolio, program and project management services. Since 2001, our more than 100 experts provide consulting, professional training and software applications to organizations in all sectors. We operate across Europe and have offices in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, the Netherlands, and Morocco. We owe our growth to refining our service offer to the rapidly changing market and to develop the talent of our team of experts. Our approach always departs from a down-to-earth mentality. We make complex problems comprehensible and deliver tangible solutions together with our customers.
As PMO Consultant your role is diverse and covers a wide range of activities within a PMO. You translate the strategic decisions into a smart and feasible project approach (top-down); and engage project managers to deliver effectively within scope, time, budget – and resources (bottom-up). You do this by setting-up and maintaining the project governance structure, performing project tracking and status reporting and guiding the Project Managers in applying the right templates, procedures and methodology.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting Project Managers: unlock the PM’s full potential, conduct them in their professional performance with support and practical guidance. Facilitate the use of the right templates and procedures.
- Qualitative execution of the Portfolio Management processes, including facilitation of the related decision-making processes: (re)prioritization & project selection, resource - and capacity management.
- Assure the proactive support to the above-mentioned processes: conduct portfolio-level simulations, develop and maintain reporting, perform quality checks on the project deliverables, facilitate the necessary supporting toolsets.
- Being the central reference point for all PMO related questions.
- Supporting the implementation of Project Management software.
Threon values and stimulates team spirit and knowledge sharing. For that reason, next to your important role at the customer, you’ll get the opportunity to work on internal projects contributing to the company’s objectives.
- You ideally have between 2 and 5 years of practical experience in a PMO/Project Coordinator or Project Management role.
- You speak fluent Dutch and French and have knowledge of English
- You have a Master degree (Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, Civil - Engineer, Computer, ...).
- You would like to further build a career in Project Management and are willing to develop yourself in this domain.
- You have excellent listening skills and are able to formulate clear messages that are tailored to your audience.
- You thrive on continuously looking for improvements.
- You value a long-term customer relationship.
- You preferably have knowledge of Strategic and Operational Portfolio Management & Corporate Governance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server or another PPM tool is a plus.
- A competitive salary and result-oriented bonus
- A package of fringe benefits like company car, phone, group insurance, ...
- Extensive training, certification and coaching. Threon permanently invests in developing the skills and competences required to successfully execute your function.
- Regular inspiring team meetings, events, teambuilding and other events that stimulate knowledge sharing and harmony amongst colleagues.
We also offer
Your career is supported by a diverse training program to further develop your necessary soft - and hard skills. There are growth opportunities, giving you the chance to further develop yourself in a consulting role.
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment where you will work with (other) senior colleagues who highly value teamwork.