Agile Consultant - Ghent
We’re Threon: a leading international consultancy firm that specializes in portfolio, program and project management services. Since 2001, our more than 100 experts provide consulting, professional training and software applications to organizations in all sectors. We operate across Europe and have offices in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, the Netherlands, and Morocco. We owe our growth to refining our service offer to the rapidly changing market and to develop the talent of our team of experts. Our approach always departs from a down-to-earth mentality. We make complex problems comprehensible and deliver tangible solutions together with our customers.
As an Agile Consultant, your focus will be on helping our customers deliver result against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives. You will be a strategic partner and leader for organizations transitioning to an agile way of working. You will be responsible for advising and facilitating the process of cultural transformation, as well as working with portfolio manager, program managers & teams to adopt agile practices. You will guide senior & middle management and teams on their role in the agile transformation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform qualitative assessment of Agile readiness and contribute to the evolving maturity of the company by recommending optimal Agile practices tailored to the customer.
- Define the vision and the rationale for the customer to evolve towards a more agile way of working.
- Translate key recommendations and rationale into a prototype of a future solution (culture, governance, process, tooling) with the customer.
- Build a high level roadmap for the step by step introduction of agile practices in the organization taking into account the reality at the customer.
- Work closely together with portfolio leads, business owners, product owners and scrum masters to establish Agile routines and practices.
- Drive smooth transformation into agile processes and capture best practices for knowledge sharing across our customers’ organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert and coach resources on Agile portfolio and program capabilities.
- Keep ahead of new evolving Agile techniques and methodologies.
Next to your important role at the customer, you will have the opportunity to further develop the Agile business domain for Threon.
- You ideally have at least 7 years of experience as consultant/coach, of which minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in driving Agile transformations from design to implementation (Agile transformation roadmap, Scaling Agile, operating models etc.).
- You speak fluent Dutch and English and have knowledge of French.
- You are experienced in coaching and teaching Agile program- and portfolio principles and practices.
- You can provide strong organizational change management guidance.
- You have knowledge of Agile measurement and assessment techniques.
- You are very familiar with several Agile approaches: SAFe, Kanban, SCRUM and are capable of applying the appropriate one to the context.
- You have practical experience with portfolio, program and project management.
- Being active in the Agile community is preferred (f.e. publish papers/contribute to Agile interest groups).
- You are willing to seek additional opportunities.
- You have a Master degree (Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, Civil - Engineer, Computer, ...).
- Knowledge of tooling for Agile implementation (Jira, TFS,…) is a plus.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
- A competitive salary and result-oriented bonus
- A package of fringe benefits like company car, phone, group insurance, ...
- Extensive training, certification and coaching. Threon permanently invests in developing the skills and competences required to successfully execute your function.
- Regular inspiring team meetings, events, teambuilding and other events that stimulate knowledge sharing and harmony amongst colleagues.
We also offer
Your career is supported by a diverse training program to further develop your necessary soft - and hard skills.
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment where you will work with (other) senior colleagues who highly value teamwork.