Agile Coach - Ghent
We’re Threon: a leading international consultancy firm that specializes in portfolio, program and project management services. Since 2001, our more than 100 experts provide consulting, professional training and software applications to organizations in all sectors. We operate across Europe and have offices in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, the Netherlands, and Morocco. We owe our growth to refining our service offer to the rapidly changing market and to develop the talent of our team of experts. Our approach always departs from a down-to-earth mentality. We make complex problems comprehensible and deliver tangible solutions together with our customers.
As an Agile Coach, your focus will be on helping our customers to apply agile practices in the day to day working. You will be a hands on expert for organizations transitioning towards an agile way of working. You will be responsible for coaching business owners, product owners, scrum masters and release managers in their adoption of agile practices. Ultimately, your job is to get the best out of the people and get the best for the organization.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide agile coaching to teams on all aspects of agile, with a strong focus on helping teams to adopt agile practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with these teams.
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with agile methods.
- Enable the continual improvement of agile tracks. This includes better predictability of scheduling, improvement of productivity, emphasis for quality of delivery commitments.
- Coach teams and management towards improving agile processes and metrics. Help with new team setup or evaluate and mentor existing teams. Deliver training classes as part of coaching.
- Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements.
- Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile guidance, training materials and content.
- Guide the organization towards Agile maturity by organizing workshops and presentations.
- Bring disclosure and transparency to the business and earn the trust of the stakeholders.
- Participate in agile knowledge communities; continuously share and improve related practices and knowledge.
- Act as a subject matter expert and coach resources on Agile team collaboration and Scrum.
- Keep ahead of new evolving Agile techniques and methodologies.
Next to your important role at the customer, you will have the opportunity to further develop the Agile business domain for Threon.
- 4+ years in the use of Agile methodologies and supporting tools
- 2+ years working in an Agility training/coaching role with exposure to large organizational transformations
- Solid background utilizing an Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, SAFe) in software development
- Solid oral, written, and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with independently transitioning (software) teams to a variation of Agile process.
- Experience coaching and mentoring (software) teams on Agile process transitions.
- Experience in creating and delivering Agile trainings/workshops
- Able to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Project management experience within Agile software development teams and environments
- A competitive salary and result-oriented bonus
- A package of fringe benefits like company car, phone, group insurance, ...
- Extensive training, certification and coaching. Threon permanently invests in developing the skills and competences required to successfully execute your function.
- Regular inspiring team meetings, events, teambuilding and other events that stimulate knowledge sharing and harmony amongst colleagues.
We also offer
Your career is supported by a diverse training program to further develop your necessary soft - and hard skills.
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment where you will work with (other) senior colleagues who highly value teamwork.