Successful Leadership for Project Managers
PMI approved training on how to manage project stakeholders and team members
Teams need leaders and it is your job to guide your project team towards success. Together with you, we go through examples of common situations that are encountered by teams and you will learn how to handle problems and adjust team dynamics. Increase and maintain flexibility, motivation, commitment and personal development to easen up your own project work by keeping common conflicts at a minimum and benefit from the advantages of working in an effective team.
And this course will definetly put some new tools into your hands, freshly built from theoretical background, practical exercises and latest researches on team management. Learn how to enable people to work together, how to handle conflicts and how to provide solutions.
- Understand the complexities and challenges of building effective Project Teams
- Be familiar with group dynamics and the most common leadership techniques
- Acquire Best Practices and effective techniques for communicating, problem solving, negotiating, handling project meetings, and managing conflicts
- Assess your personal strengths and weaknesses, and prepare for improvement
Project Teams can be characterized as rather temporary than permanent. Your challenge is to form them into an efficient team by identifying skills, building harmony, and retaining the team focus – all within the tight time frame of your project. For you, team building, leadership, and communication skills are key factors for successful project delivery. Here your life experience counts alot, but things can often be improved further by having a good set of tools at hand.
- 4 Basic Questions when Building a Team
- Team Building vs. Team Working
- Difficulties Facing Teams
- The Skill of Team Building
- How to identify Effective Teams
- Team Member Behavior
- Measuring your Team Performance
- Obstacles in building Effective Teams
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership: What Motivates People
- Leadership: Styles and Motivation
- Autocratic vs. Participative (X-Y Theory McGregor)
- Continuum in Leadership (Team vs. Boss Centered Leadership)
- The Managerial Grid of Blake and Mouton
- Situational Leadership (Hersey-Blanchard Model)
- Transformational Leadership (Bass)
- How to improve the Powerbase of the Project Manager
- Conflict Handling: definition, sources, styles, steps, and resolution strategies
- Communication Models, Communication Barriers
- Effective Communication – the DEESNI Model
- Active Listening and Sharpening your Communication
- The Project Manager as Facilitator: Interface Management
International Customer Voices
"Training was interactive and allowed discussions about the subject of communication purpose of the session - interesting."
Stephane Tarchala in Luxembourg
"Perfect balance between theoretical content and real experience. Very helpful and easy to use."
Participant in Berlin
"Good training with objectives well respected. Curious to see other modules as decision maker and conflict management."
Pierre Brancaleoni in Luxembourg
"This training allowed me to put words and structures on things we do every day instinctively, with the possibility to find some improvements in my methods."
Participant in Luxembourg
Duration: 2 days
- 10:00 - 18:00 | Day 1
- 09:00 - 17:00 | Day 2
Course Fee includes:
- 2 days classroom training
- Training Material
- Exercises / Case Studies
- Lunch, drinks & snacks
- Invoice / Money Transfer
- Credit Card
- KMO Portefeuille
Credit card payments will be processed after confirmation of your registration. You will receive a PDF invoice containing a link to a separate, SSL encrypted webpage for credit card payment.
International Contact Center
We answer your questions
+49 69 269 190 520
+32 9 220 45 20
+31 15 25 11 801
+352 263 11 797
+212 537 54 84 84
All prices displayed do not include VAT and Taxes. Early Bird price available until 2 months ahead of the training.