Lean Project Management through Six Sigma Methods
PMI approved Lean Project Management Training
Learn how to apply Lean (Six Sigma) principles to your organizational project, program and portfolio management processes. Eliminate overhead and improve your project environment.
Success of project organizations depends on adapting to the quickly changing business environments. Lean, a continuous improvement method of processes and operational management, has proven to be an effective way to tackle this challenge. Now Lean is making its appearance in project management.
You will learn Best Practice methods and techniques to identify and solve inefficient processes and project overhead.
- Optimize your project, portfolio and program management processes (PPP) by eliminating unnecessary activities
- PMO Level - We will assess and optimize general PPP processes which directly benefit all running projects & programs
- Get Best Practice knowledge on how to rearrange the stream of your PPP processes to maximize the delivered value for your customers
- Conduct measurements and understand why people spend time in different PPP processes
- Six Sigma based principles on how to optimize your processes - directly applicable to your project, portfolio and program environment
- Immediately benefit from the application of lean project management techniques
- "Be lean" and avoid unnecessary tasks
- Applicable e.g. to PMI, IPMA or agile project environments
Many project customers see project management activities as overhead or in lean thinking terms as waste. They question the “bureaucratic”, not client oriented approach of their project organization… and sometimes they might be right.
Lean Project Management offers a possible answer to their question: eliminating waste and freeing up time to show the real importance of good project management.
Due to its agile characteristics lean project management quickly shows results with a small amount of effort. This is why customers show a great interest in this emerging methodology. Hence, Lean Project Management courses and consultancy missions are an enrichment to Threon’s global offering.
During this workshop you will select one “lean-candidate” PM process from your own environment and work on a solution it in teams of 2 or 3 participants. This result is your first benefit and can be applied directly to your identified process.
- What is Lean Six-Sigma
- What is Lean Project Management
- Approach – DMAIC (versus DFSS)
- Launching the project
- Identify Stakeholder Expectations
- Clarify Project Scope
- Measure Customer CCR’s
- Develop Project Charter & Schedule
- Create Process Map
- Gather Initial Data
- Stratify Data
- Revise Problem Statement & Financial Impact
- Identify Potential Root Causes
- Collect Data to confirm Root Causes
- Identify Breakthroughs
- Select Practical Approaches
- Plan for a Future State
- Standardize the Process
- Communicate Project Results
- Close the Project
Duration: 2 days
- 10:00 - 18:00 | Day 1
- 09:00 - 17:00 | Day 2
Course Fee includes:
- 2 days classroom training
- Training Material
- Exercises / Case Studies
- Lunch, drinks & snacks
- Invoice / Money Transfer
- Credit Card
- KMO Portefeuille
Credit card payments will be processed after confirmation of your registration. You will receive a PDF invoice containing a link to a separate, SSL encrypted webpage for credit card payment.
International Contact Center
We answer your questions
+49 69 269 190 520
+32 9 220 45 20
+31 15 25 11 801
+352 263 11 797
+212 537 54 84 84
All prices displayed do not include VAT and Taxes. Early Bird price available until 2 months ahead of the training.